click to
copy

play.rapzprison.net

0 Players Online

Application for wyattvickers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Application for wyattvickers

Discussion in 'Helper Application' started by Wyatt Vickers, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Wyatt Vickers

Wyatt Vickers New Member

Sep 29, 2019
    Male
    #1 Wyatt Vickers, Sep 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    Username: wyattvickers

Current Donator Rank: Elite

Current Mine and Prestige rank: P4

Discord: Wyatt#0708

Timezone: Mountain Standard Time (MST) GMT-6

Why do you want to be staff in the Rapz community?

First and foremost, I work in an industry where I am continuously building relationships and connections within the community. I have done so within Rapz previously, granted I'm not the best when it comes to posting on the forums. However, I love playing games where I can play, work and educate all at the same time. I can play and compete with fellow players, I can help maintain server cleanliness and enforce rules and reinforce positive actions and behaviors and I love helping people. I believe that there is a common misconception with staff only being there to punish and be a symbol of power. This is not true, there is so much more when it comes to helping players and going out of ones way to provide the most positive experience for not only that player, but for the community as a whole. I wish to offer my experience to the whole community as I work in a career where I deal with most tasks helpers and above encounter on a daily basis at work (AT&T Retail Store Manager). I have much experience with how a server is built and run as well as how to properly speak to someone about anything including compliments, criticism and enforcement. I've hosted and helped host a multitude of servers with various types. No, they weren't very successful as I didn't have much funding for them, however I have the urge to help people who join and do everything in my power to give them the best day or even moment of their week. For additional work history please reach out.

What have you done to already help the server?

Donations are a given. I have contributed quite a bit of my checking account into this server. That's besides the point. I have reached out to previous staff members to help keep them in the loop with everything going on in the server and offering ideas on how to better everything. I have dedicated much of my time playing with my peers and offering my assistance to newcomers. I've donated much of my ingame currency and items to help newcomers get on their feet and see how amazing the server is and not feel left behind. I often host tournaments and challenges with extravagant rewards to keep the energy up. I have helped quite a few people through tough times and built relationships with them outside of the Minecraft game. I'm a very good tutor and counselor for whomever needs it. I've helped many people escape depression, suicide and just regular at home problems many kids face including me when I was younger. My goal here and has always been to help anyone who asks and always offer it to anyone that wants it.

How can the server benefit from you being staff?

Quantity isn't quality. I have many talents and qualities that many leaders lack. Two big ones are being charismatic and empathetic. Basically, most of these applications and people who want to lead have a general idea on where to go, but what happens when you reach your goal, or the end? I already feel the criticism to the previous post, but its true. And I probably know this better than many will actually realize. I offer an unlimited amount of energy and positivity to absolutely anyone. I have the patience of a monk (not that I am one) and am always happy to share. Yes, the server can count on me to make sure everything is flowing smoothly and that all rules are being enforced, however I feel that there is so much more to it. I want to help maintain server logistics and help develop new and fun ideas to grow the server even more. I love being able to help the community and listen to their interests and ideas to see them come to life. That is what I want to do with my role on the management team. This is truly what a helper or even anyone should do.

What do you think being staff is about?

Staff is a broad term. As a helper, I am supposed to help maintain server order and provide any help that players may need. This is a bunch of baloney. It's a great role and with a great role comes quite a bit of power. Being a helper is a symbol that players will turn to if they need help. Providing extravagant ideas and listening, actually listening to opinions is an absolute must, and being apart of the team is a no-brainer. I don't feel that staff should be looked at as either good or bad. It's how I treat and use what I have. It's great becauseI get to help people and grow the community and provide super cool opportunities for the whole server. I am the people's voice.

What is your greatest strength?

My greatest strength is that I use my weaknesses as my strengths. I don't perceive my weaknesses as a letdown. I see them as an opportunity to grow and build my image. I do things that make me uncomfortable and commit to activities that seem insane or impossible. I work in an environment where I have to coach and guide my team towards success and it isn't easy. Every day I encounter new tasks and resolve issues promptly and effectively. It is my responsibility to make sure all assets area accounted for and that my team is doing what they should be doing and reinforcing positive actions. I make sure that I am learning something new every single day and share what I learned to anyone and everyone.

What is your greatest weakness?

My greatest weakness is that I can be too understanding about anything. I always look through the other person's eyes and try to feel what they feel. This is my job and this is who I am. It can be both quite great or my greatest weakness.

What is your availability to moderate server/forums/discord like?

I can moderate the server typically during afternoon and evening time in addition to my standard 2 days a week completely free for the server. If its an emergency, I can always accommodate. I always have access to Discord as I work in the telecommunications industry and can always accept a call. I can monitor forums most of the day and I will be doing so to help boost my profile and I am scary reliable.

Have you ever been punished on the server, website, or discord? If so how come, did you deserve it, and what have you done to grow from that mistake?

I have never been punished, however If I see anyone make a mistake on the server, I see what they did wrong and what I can do to prevent that from happening to me. This is how I learn and grow since I don't have any reason to get into any trouble.

A player has been warned to quit spamming "Can someone give me a sharpness 40 sword?" What do you do next?

A. Temporary mute

But that's before a warning and pep talk through PM if it's a very rare occurrence with the individual. Otherwise it's just a temporary mute with a brief explanation through PM.

A player is advertising another server, what do you do? Is there anything else you would do that is not listed here?

B. Temporary Ban

I would screenshot and immediately clear chat and temp ban for 7 days, post evidence into staff chat and ask mod to supply perm ban.

A player is accused of hacking by another player. What do you do to the player being accused? What do you do to the player accusing?

I will ask for evidence providing from the individual providing the claim. Afterwards, I will provide with a temporary ban (if my power allows it otherwise report straight to mod for ban placement) if first offense and permanent ban for second. I'll send evidence to chain of command and their immediate head. If no evidence is provided, a self investigation will have to be ensued and a conviction will have to be provided based on the above statements. I'd then inform the accuser of results and provide with necessary steps to prevent the situation from happening again.

Is there anything else you would like to say/add to your application?

There isn't much more to say. I have an actual resume with work history, however for privacy reasons, I will only be sharing with direct line of charge or owner whom I have spoken to previously. I work at AT&T and am looking for a store management position. My duties are quite extensive, however to put it short, I maintain all assets in the store and provide accurate inventory for Auditing. I coach and provide new information and promotions for my team and offer assistance with literally anything from personal to work-related issues. I gather leads and facilitate large call blitzing at our corporate office for our superiors to guide. I work closely with my ARSM and Director of Sales to help grow the company and blow up awesome ideas! I appreciate your consideration and look forward to everyone's feedback!

Thanks for reading to the end. I know the 1 page resume rule, but it’s an application. If this is long, go get a lease agreement and come back!

One more thing, I know that having staff on both servers is a bit excessive and I completely understand, but I’m ready to take on the additional responsibility and work myself up.

2. xSwaayy

xSwaayy New Member

Sep 29, 2019
    Female
    1.) "Insane" Rank is not a thing?
    2.) I would recommend putting your in game rank, it helps show your progress and dedication in some ways (Just suggestions)

3. Jakob983

Jakob983 New Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Male
    I'd say you've got a solid application, although there are a load of unnecessary details that you included into your application.

Also, what is the "Insane" rank? That's not an actual rank ingame.

4. Wyatt Vickers

Wyatt Vickers New Member

Sep 29, 2019
    Male
    Fixed. I apologize, my ranks were mixed up.

5. Wyatt Vickers

Wyatt Vickers New Member

Sep 29, 2019
    Male
    I fixed it...

6. Jakob983

Jakob983 New Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Male
    As I've also noticed whilst going through the forums, your responses aren't color-coded. I'd definitely recommend doing so!

7. Wyatt Vickers

Wyatt Vickers New Member

Sep 29, 2019
    Male
    I was asked not to color code from many members on forums. I leave my responses uncolored to prevent any criticism. Please focus on my content rather than color code. I’ll see if I can touch it up a little, however my application shouldn’t be focused on my color choices...

8. whatsoever

whatsoever Admin
    Staff Member Admin

Jan 22, 2019
    Thank you for submitting a helper application. After reviewing your application and taking it into consideration across all our administration team, we regret to inform you that your application has been rejected. You may reapply in two weeks if you wish to do so. Keep the following things in mind when reapplying:
    - Use correct grammar and punctuation in all of your answers
    - Include as much detail as possible when and wherever you can
    - Make sure your activity on the discord and Minecraft server are up to par

Thank you again for applying and showing interest in a staff position at Rapz Prison. Thread locked.