ILuvSleep's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Helper Application' started by ILuvSleep, May 15, 2019.

1. ILuvSleep

ILuvSleep New Member

Male
    #1 ILuvSleep, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 18, 2019 at 3:53 PM
    Username: ILuvSleep

Current Rank (must be at least donor): Donor

Current Mine and Prestige rank: Prestige 5, Z

Discord: ILuvSleep#9065

Timezone: GMT+8

Why do you want to be staff in the Rapz Prison community?
    I
    've been playing on Rapz for a good week now and I've really gotten to enjoy my experience on here. Firstly, I've been having exams these past few weeks and I've gotten stressed out very easily. Getting on Rapz was a good way for me to just enjoy myself and have a good time.

I love the community and the people on the server and the playing experience is just wholesome in general. I hope that by being staff, I will be able to provide an ever so improving playing experience for the players in the future as I would love to see the server grow bigger and better.

As a person, I always strive to improve and be the best that I can always be, thus I hope that with Rapz, it can also strive to be the best that it can be in the future.

What have you done to already help the server?
    I'm going to be honest and say, I haven't been really doing much to "help" the server as I have no clue on what I can do to help the server. I guess the only thing that I can think of is just playing Rapz as a normal player and give feedback on the experience about the server.

That way, the staff are able to know about which areas that they have to improve to attract more players and be more interested to play on Rapz and allow players to have more fun and enjoyment on the server.

I hope that I can give more feedback in the future as currently, as I've been playing Rapz, I see little problems with the experience and I've been able to enjoy my time here without any issues due to the helpful playerbase and staff that are usually online on the server.

How can the server benefit from you being staff?
    I've been playing Prisons on Minecraft since 2016, so about 3 years. And in that period of 3 years, I've been staff on a server called RisingHeroes. It used to be a very popular cracked server that was constantly at 100+ players at its lowest and would sometimes spike up to about 300+ at its peak.

I started playing on there during 2016 and never stopped until the server shut down. During late 2016, I was accepted as staff and I was promoted up the ranks of staff up to Admin during late 2017.

I've kept a very close bond and tight relationship with my other staff members and still keep in touch with them even at this date. I work well with others as I've been involved in 2 Prison resets during that period that I was staff. I was directly involved in the resets, helping with permissions, mine resets, and many other things on the server.

My experience as a previous Prisons staff member will hopefully benefit me if I were to be staff on Rapz as it can hopefully allow me to gain better insight of the developments of the server and give my opinions based on my thoughts and ideas.

What do you think being staff is about?
    I feel that being staff is a commitment that players have to the server as they feel connected to the server. For me, I feel that if the server has given me a good time and allowed me to enjoy myself on there, I feel the need to give back and do my best to improve the server, to allow others to hopefully feel the same, if not better.

Being staff requires me to be able to work well with others and deeply connect with the community and players of the server. Being staff means also being responsible of the things that happen on the server, and have a sense of duty to best help the players' troubles as best as we can.

What is your greatest strength?
    I feel that my greatest strength would be that I'm able to work very well with others and that I can learn and pick up things really quickly.

I feel satisfied being able to work with others as we can all share our thoughts and views on certain things that may drastically change the server. Hearing everyone's thoughts on a certain subject has all of us thinking of the best way to approach a certain situation and that makes the team more efficient and effective at development and troubleshooting.

As I ranked up from Helper all the way to Admin on RisingHeroes, I've learnt that I can actually pick things up really quickly and learn many different things about the roles of each rank and what are the necessary skills each rank must possess to be qualified and effective at their job. I've had to learn many things for my Admin test and during that process made me realize that I was actually very good at quickly picking things up.

What is your greatest weakness?
    I would say that my greatest weakness would be my inability to have a fixed or consistent schedule for being online on the server. With this being said, it doesn't mean that I will not be able to get online at all, it just means that I might be online sometimes for long hours, but sometimes it could also mean that I'm unable to get online.

This is because as I'm 16 years old this year, I will be taking my national exams and I would really hate to mess it up. I would of course prioritize my studies first, the rest would be after that. Thus, having an inflexible online schedule would be part of my weakness as I may not be able to be as active as the staff team would expect me to. But then again, I will try to be as active as possible, whenever I can.

What is your availability to moderate server/forums/discord like?
    My normal schedule and routine would be to get home after school and rest for a bit. After that I will start up my laptop and get studying or doing whatever project that I have to do.

With my laptop open, it will always be running discord and I'll be able to get on Minecraft if I'm not already online. I'm always active on discord and forums as they are both always open.

Regarding the server, it depends whether my Minecraft is open (Which it usually is), I would normally be afk studying but if I'm ping on discord, I can return very easily and quickly.

Have you ever been punished on the server, website, or discord? If so how come, did you deserve it, and what have you done to grow from that mistake?
    I was kicked for having an afk pool but other than that nothing else.

A player has been warned to quit spamming "Can someone give me sharpness 40 sword?" what do you do next?
    A. Temporary mute
    B. Permanent Mute

C. Temporary Ban
    D. Permanent Ban
    If after a warning the player continues to spam, I would give them a temporary mute. If they continue to spam after the mute, I would then give a permanent mute so that they can stop spamming. If the player spams after the warn and the mute, it just shows that they clearly do not care about the warnings and do not deserve any more chances. This would be the reason that I would give a permanent mute.

A player is advertising another server, what do you do? Is there anything else you would do that is not listed here?
    A. Temporary mute
    B. Permanent Mute
    C. Temporary Ban
    D. Permanent Ban
    If a player just blatantly gives another IP address of another server, I would then give them a permanent ban as they are just trying to get players to join the other server that they mentioned. The player clearly has no other intention on the server so they deserve a permanent ban in my opinion.

A player is accused of hacking by another player. What do you do to the player being accused? What do you do to the player accusing?
    I will being watching the accused player and if I am unable to, I'll report it to staff with a higher rank and pay close attention to the situation and gain a greater understanding of what is happening.

With the accusing player, I will privately message them to stop accusing and spamming the chat and notify them that I am aware that of their "report" and will be watching the player.

Is there anything else you would like to say / add to your application?
    Thank you for taking your time in reading this application and I hope that I will be accepted.

2. c1rcl

c1rcl New Member

Male
    Norway
    Hey @ILuvSleep

Cool application, I would suggest you look over grammatical errors and word choice. Otherwise, I really like your application.

Good luck!

Sincerely,
    c1rcl

ILuvSleep likes this.
  3. Nuppy

Nuppy New Member

Male
    Hey, great app. 2 things. I haven't really seen you online nor have I really seen you on discord. This is also you're first forums post, so I would suggest getting to know the server a little better before you are positive you want to apply for staff. Anyways great app and good detail.

ILuvSleep likes this.
  4. ILuvSleep

ILuvSleep New Member

Male
    Thank you for your feedback and I will definitely edit my application :)

5. ILuvSleep

ILuvSleep New Member

Male
    Yeah, I've been managing with studies at the same time so I would rarely be online, but since my schedule is a little lighter now, I feel that I will be able to be more active. I've encountered problems with creating a forums account for the past week and was only able to create one yesterday. But I'm always active on discord, I'm just a ping away. Thank you for your feedback :)

6. MeloCrisp

MeloCrisp Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Rapz

Male
    Elaborate more on these 2 sections.

Hi IluvSleep, thank you for applying.

Your application is overall quite good. You have good detail, experience, and you seem comfortable evaluating yourself. However, one little change I would like to point out is that you did get a punishment today, and while this might not end up being a big deal, updating your application to include it might be a good idea.

Overall good application, necessary detail, and few grammatical errors.
    Good luck
    -MeloCrisp

ILuvSleep likes this.
  7. ILuvSleep

ILuvSleep New Member

Male
    Thank you for your feedback, I will make the necessary adjustments :)