Pape09/Kanle's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Helper Application' started by Kanle, May 13, 2019.

1. Kanle

Kanle New Member

Male
    Chick Fil-A Employee - Student
    United States of America
    #1 Kanle, May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019 at 2:09 AM
    Username: Pape09

Current Rank (must be at least donor): Donor

Current Mine and Prestige rank: Prestige 6 Mine Z

Discord: Pape09#4343

Timezone: US Central

Why do you want to be staff in the Rapz Prison community?
    Well I have been part of the Rapz prison community for some months now, and I have taken into notice the common questions asked by new players, and some other issues in the server. The server is growing rapidly, which means new players will be coming in and asking questions such as "What do tokens do" or "what is an autominer." I find joy in helping out other players who do not know much. I was once in their spot, asking these questions. I would like to treat the new players the way that I would have wanted to be treated if I was new to the server.

What have you done to already help the server?
    I would say I have done quite a bit. For starters, I have donated money to the server by buying All Commands. I have been constantly active in chat, helping any players with any of their needs. As I said earlier with the big horde of new players coming in, I have noticed a lot of questions in chat. Sometimes a staff member is afk, which is the time I step in and help. I know not to interfere with a staff member if they are dealing with someone. I have been working on becoming more active on the forums, looking through all staff applications and giving them tips, as well as to reading other threads.

How can the server benefit from you being staff?

Well I am a very fast typer, so when I see a question, I type a very detailed response very quickly to get the information to the player without them having to wait. I have experience with being a staff member on various networks. I was a moderator on a decent 500 player server, and I was helper on a big 7000 player server. I have experience handling certain situations, and I feel that I know the correct way to assess situations. I know the /rules very well. I have glanced at it multiple times to bring it into memory. I plan not to be a lazy helper who is just applying for the fame of staff. I have a true desire to help this server succeed, and bring it to its best shape and form. I would like to add I also do possess experience with plugins. I have been a developer on a server. I know how to work plugins and tweak them as needed, as well as providing tips for plugins.

What do you think being staff is about?
    Being staff is not about power. Its not about the fame or the tag. Its about being a helpful person and maintaining order at all times. You also have make all the new-comers feel welcome to the server, and show them that the server they just joined is a fun and non-toxic server they can play daily. Some of the little things you do can mean a lot to someone new. For example, saying "Welcome (name)" gives the player a warm welcome and they feel that they are noticed and not just ignored.
    And one last thing staff is about. Staff is about bringing positive vibes no matter where you go. Any response you give, it should show a sign a kindness, if that makes any sense. Sometimes when someone says something to you, it may sound a bit unkind.

What is your greatest strength?
    My greatest strength is being flexible with the amount of time I am able to be on the server/forums/discord.
    I do have a very busy schedule with school and my athletics, but I have figured out how to work around all these things. I am quick to respond to discord messages that are serious in whatever matter. I do normally finish my work at school which gives me plenty of time to be active.

What is your greatest weakness?
    My greatest weakness is being a bit impatient. I tend to get a bit annoying when asking someone a question. If I don't get a response very soon, I tend to get impatient and possibly repeat my question again for a faster answer. I have gotten better at just waiting and not getting impatient no matter how serious the situation is.

What is your availability to moderate server/forums/discord like?

I am available on the server from around 6PM CT to 12 AM CT. As my offseason basketball comes to an end this upcoming week, I will be able to log on 2 hours earlier. I am able to monitor the forums and the discord pretty much at any time. I have my phone during school, so I am able to check discord and the forums between classes, during lunch, etc. I do get out of school a bit more early than others do, so I will be able to give at least 8 hours of my time to the server, most likely more.

Have you ever been punished on the server, website, or discord? If so how come, did you deserve it, and what have you done to grow from that mistake?
    I have been warned once for spamming when I was a new-comer. I have learned not to make that same mistake again.

A player has been warned to quit spamming "Can someone give me sharpness 40 sword?" what do you do next?
    A. Temporary mute
    B. Permanent Mute
    C. Temporary Ban
    D. Permanent Ban
    It is quite common for players to ask for things. If this was to happen, I would remind them once again of /rules, stating no requests for items, money etc. Then I would punish them with a temporary mute.

A player is advertising another server, what do you do? Is there anything else you would do that is not listed here?
    A. Temporary mute
    B. Permanent Mute

C. Temporary Ban
    D. Permanent Ban
    This really depends on the situation. If they are advertising for the first time without being warned, I will temp mute them. After the mute expires, and they continue to advertise, I will punish them with a permanent mute. If the player figures out a way to bypass the mute and continue to advertise, I feel they do not express any interest to play the server. They are only online to advertise for their own benefit.

A player is accused of hacking by another player. What do you do to the player being accused? What do you do to the player accusing?
    I would try to make myself not very noticeable. When a hacker see's a staff member online, they tend to toggle all their hacks off. I would take notice of the accusation and investigate accordingly. If I do not find any proof of them hacking, I would ask the player accusing to record and if he catches him, file a player report on the forums. If I was to catch the player hacking, I would punish them with a temporary ban.

Is there anything else you would like to say / add to your application?
    Thank you for getting this far. I have spent a lot of time on this and I really appreciate you taking your time to get this far. Please provide strong criticism if possible as I am trying to improve on my maturity and my experience.
    Thank you
    God Bless

2. MeloCrisp

MeloCrisp Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Rapz

Male
    Hey Pape09, thank you for your application, time to go through it.

You seem very willing to help where you can in general, whether it be internally in the staff team, with new players, or older more experienced players.

You have former experience, which is a big upside seeing as you will most likely find yourself in situations where you’re the only staff online for a little while.

Overall a good application, nothing to poke holes in really. Good luck, I hope you get it
    -MeloCrisp

Kanle likes this.
  3. Kanle

Kanle New Member

Male
    United States of America
    Thanks man

4. Nuppy

Nuppy New Member

Male
    Hey, great app. A few things I think you could improve upon though. First, try to add color so it's not annoying to read. I would suggest blue and white or red and white. Next, as far as friendliness you're not exactly the most approachable type of person (this is just in my experience. I don' t know how you are with other players.) Now you did do a great job with detail, I feel like that is something other people lack. You have former experience and that is really useful, as long as you know what to expect that makes things a lot better. Good job on your application

5. Kanle

Kanle New Member

Male
    United States of America
    Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate it.