What are your thoughts on the jackhammer upgrade for your pickaxe?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Tragiccc, May 12, 2019.

?

Is jackhammer good?

1. yes

2. no

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Tragiccc

Tragiccc Helper
    Staff Member Helper Rapz

Male
    Canada
    Hello,

Just wanted to make a thread where you guys can give your thoughts on this upgrade, as it is a little controversial at the moment. I feel like it's not really worth the amount of gems, But it's mostly because it gives you less money, beacons, and gem keys. And to be completely honest, it's just not my style of mining. Altho I can see why some people may enjoy it, it's just not for me, and this is just my opinion.

What are your thoughts on this upgrade? Leave a reply to get this discussion started. :)

- Tragiccc

2. c1rcl

c1rcl New Member

Male
    Norway
    To be honest, it isn't something I would buy again if I have the chance. When mining straight, jackhammer forces you to either mine a layer up or down. Something which is pretty annoying when you're just trying to mine and not change position as frequently as possible.

It also is pretty annoying when trying to step up a layer and the layer you're standing on is cleared.

When mining for beacons or gems, which gives you the most money jackhammer has minimal possible effects.
    When mining with jackhammer you lose:
    • Beacons
    • Gems
    So pretty much, it is good when you're trying to get money off blocks. If you have a high multiplier that's really good. But if not - as usually. It mostly has negative effects.

This is only my opinions and claims and if you disagree it is completely fine.

Sincerely,
    c1rcl

3. NiceKB

NiceKB Member

I pressed yes by accident

4. Tragiccc

Tragiccc Helper
    Staff Member Helper Rapz

Male
    Canada
    I am on the same boat as you, It is also annoying for people like me with minor ocd. Since I like to mine from top to bottom, digging 4 blocks down from the top of a fresh mine, and then with my max explosive upgrade, I can cleanly sweep the entire 4 top rows of the mine. Than I go down 4 more and do the exact same thing, I find it to be a nice calming way of mining, plus, it's also pretty effective since you are getting every block in the mine.

I would never add jackhammer to another one of my pickaxes again unless it receives some updates. But at the moment, I strongly recommend leaving it off your pickaxe. Unless you enjoy flying around like a lunatic and do not care about the way you mine.

5. Tragiccc

Tragiccc Helper
    Staff Member Helper Rapz

Male
    Canada
    You can now change your answer.